Constructobot

projectmania by quasi-luddites

Monday, February 18, 2008

Green Vest!

Here, I post a less than flattering photo of yours truly, all in the spirit of commemoration. The green vest was indeed finished, and has indeed been worn. Wildly shortened from the original pattern, I think I like it, but have to admit that the style is a bit... matronly. If only I had inherited my mother's gamine figure, and slender chest! Ah well- I am still pleased with it.



The pattern is from Folk Vests, by Cheryl Oberle. It is the Bookworm Vest, and I am still envious of the buttons in the book. Now I'm thinking the long length in the pattern maybe wasn't so dumb, but I had to go against the idea of knitting a long tube down past my butt- how could that look good? I give you an example of what it looks like short. I think there were some gauge changes as well. The yarn was Berroco, 50% wool 50 % alpaca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home