Constructobot

projectmania by quasi-luddites

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Just to warn you, I'v e been trying to post this for a week, but every time I try to load photos, they never make it. Sigh. There's nothing more boring than an almost pictureless blog, but I'm here!

Work proceeds apace on what I like to think of as the last pair of wool soakers I shall knit for the Titan. Warm weather and toilet training lurk round the corner. So here is the final pair, approaching completion. There's not enough teal for the legs, so I'll have to crib it from somewhere else. Will the final one have a drawstring or elastic? I think the latter, just to amuse myself, and have less for her to pull loose.



that's even though I have an I-cord MAKER!! Ha ha! Never (almost) again will I have to trudge through another cord- now I can make millions, millions at the turn of a crank! Amazingly, sock yarn leftovers make quite nice, spongy cords. I also tried my hand at using cotton to make a desperado plant-hanger. Not too bad.

And, though it is endlessly visually boring, work proceeds on my simple sweater- whenever I finish a piece, it all curls up on itself and looks like nothing. But just wait till I get it blocking- then you will all be impressed. I have moved on to the front now, and have done one half, and started the other half. Two sleeves, a whole lot of seams, and I'll be done!



And lastly, I give you pictures of the craft room. I rescued myself from drudgedom, and took over the best of the 3 basement rooms (and importantly, one that doesn't freeze liquids in the winter), and am feeling quite cozy there. Oh, there's stuff all over, and I've yet to build some simple counters out of some stuff we have lying around, but come on! A whole room, rather than things crammed into closets! I don't have to keep putting my sewing machine back up on a closet shelf- that alone is worth it. Oh, and I"m finally learning how to use the thing, since it was an incredibly nice hand-me-down sent by my sister right before we moved. Being very pregnant and packing with a toddler was sadly not the best time to learn about new machines. But finally I have threaded it and sewn a test line- that to me is progress. I do miss the iron heaviness of my great aunt Ruth's machine (and it's not gone), but sewing with a flashlight taped on gets old fast. And you have to pay much to even have someone look at your machine to see if it can be fixed! aargh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home